LUMINOL TR and TRi oils are suitable for use in large power and distribution transformers operating at peak capacity. These products offer the added safety provided by negative gassing technology as well as improved low temperature performance.
Unlike competitive products formulated with naphthenic mineral oils, LUMINOL TR and TRi use Petro-Canada's ultra-pure severely hydrotreated isoparaffin base oils to deliver worry-free, corrosive sulphur-free performance in your transformer.
- LUMINOL TR and TRi contain no corrosive sulphur compounds and do not require passivators.
- Outstanding cold weather performance
- Excellent heat transfer capability to help enhance transformer performance
- High dielectric impulse strength to improve performance in the presence of overvoltage conditions
- Low power-factor (dielectric loss) to reduce thermal runaway under conditions of high electric stress
- Negative gassing to reduce the risk of failure from hydrogen gas bubbles
- Full compatibility with existing naphthenic insulating oils, which enhances the performance of the combined oils
- Inherently biodegradable, free of carcinogenic polynuclear aromatics (PNAs) and virtually non-toxic
- Can help reduce community concerns about transformer oil toxicity, spill liability and disposal costs
- Use Petro-Canada's ultra-pure severely hydrotreated isoparaffin base oils to deliver worry-free, corrosive sulphur-free performance in your transformer
- Suitable for use in large power and distribution transformers operating at peak capacity, also for use in free-breathing units, pad mount, and pole mount transformers
- LUMINOL TR is designed for Type I applications
- LUMINOL TRi is designed for Type II applications
- Outstanding oxidation stability to help extend the service life of circuit breakers and load tap changers